Monday 19 November 2007

Winter 2008 *check*

Or, at least it has started.

Today I booked my tickets to the trade show every children's store owner has to attend here in UK. The Premier Kids. It's a great way to get your head around the trends for the coming season (there are even seminars in case you don't have the ability to get your head around it all..) before you place your orders as well as get yourself out there and make some new contacts.

I am very much looking forward to this event, my sales agents are really nice and I am looking forward to having a moment of their time just going through the collections without the stress of making a decision on what to buy.

But as a mother of 2 children (2y and 5y) I admit that there is another upside to an event such at this..

After a whole day of browsing children's collections I truly enjoy retiring to my hotel room. My quiet hotel room. 1 or 2 nights just to myself. Ahhh!

I just want to dive in!

Last year I had a bit of an over doze of that though. I flew into Manchester directly from Sweden, where the whole family had spent a week on holiday (redecorating a house, so not too much vacation..). Anyway, I had to fly via Copenhagen and when I arrived at Manchester International my luggage had gone to Amsterdam instead of UK. Incidentally I didn't travel in any business outfit, but rather in a tank top, jeans and pink crocks, so I was a bit annoyed that I wasn't able to attend the show first thing.

I went to my hotel, checked into my room and ordered lunch. I didn't believe my luck when I managed to pour coffee all over my jeans.

And luggage stuck in Amsterdam. So there I was, sitting in my hotel room, without even trousers to wear, phoning every person working at the hotel as well as luggage department at the airport, not to mention Scandinavian Airlines. 3000phone calls later, the luggage arrived (the next morning..) and I was finally able to attend the show, but it was one whole day spent in bed. The hotel staff was ever so helpful though and gave me little pampering kits.

In January I will be prepared for the worst. Wearing my outfit when traveling and carry my makeup in my handbag!

No comments: